Many coworking spaces have terms and conditions of use that members must accept when they sign up for a given price plan or the space website online account. This means that you can have general terms and conditions for the space and/or specific terms and conditions for each of the price plans set up on your account. Below, we'll explain how to set up both types, and the step-by-step process, from the member signing up until they accept the conditions.
Price plan terms and conditions
Take the following steps to set the terms and conditions for a specific price plan:
- View the price plan record on the general list
- Go to the Legal section and include the content that you want to appear for the price plan in question in the Terms and Conditions section.
- To complete the process, click on the Save button at the top right of the screen.
How do price plan terms and conditions work?
We're now going to look at how price plan terms and conditions work when a member signs up.
- When someone wants to sign up to a price plan via the space website, they must fill in a sign-up form and select their price plan.
- Once they've filled in their basic contact details and selected the price plan, they'll have to read the terms and conditions before completing the process.
- They will then automatically be sent an email, like the one below, to confirm that they've accepted the price plan conditions.
Remember that these conditions are specific to each of the price plans that you have in your coworking space, and as such, you must configure them individually for each of the price plans so that they're displayed in the sign-up process.
General terms and conditions for the coworking space
- You can include the general terms and conditions in the About the space section for when users sign up via the space website.
- Click on the Save button at the top right of the screen to complete the process.
When you have configured these settings, any time a member or contact signs up online, they will be asked if they accept the terms and conditions. A pop-up window (like the one below) will appear the first time they log in to their account.
Once they've accepted the terms and conditions, a tick will appear in the Terms and Conditions box, indicating that they were accepted. They will also be sent an email with the date, time and conditions that they were accepted.
You will also be able to see that the member accepted the conditions via their record, in the Billing section.