What is SALTO Keys as a Service?
SALTO Keys as a Service is an access control system that lets space members enter your coworking space using their smartphone or a fob/access card.
How can the integration between SALTO Keys as a Service and Nexudus Spaces help your space?
Below are some of the processes that you can automate when you integrate SALTO Keys as a Service with your Nexudus Spaces account:
Flexible opening times: You're bound to have different price plans that allow members to access the space at different times of the day. For example, morning, afternoon, 24/7, etc. By integrating both systems you can synchronise the access conditions that each of the price plans have in Nexudus Spaces with the SALTO Keys as a Service user accounts.
Reports: When you integrate door access control in your space, you'll have a much better idea of who is coming and going and when.
Resources: You can link your SALTO Keys as a Service account with the Resources that you've configured on your Nexudus Spaces account. This means you can generate access keys for the Resources from SALTO Keys as a Service when a booking is made via Nexudus Spaces.
How can I integrate Nexudus Spaces and SALTO Keys as a Service?
Firstly, you'll need to open an account on both of these platforms. If you already have a Nexudus Spaces account and you're interested in integrating SALTO Keys as a Service in your coworking space, you can contact SALTO Keys as a Service. The SALTO Keys as a Service team will tell you about the steps you need to take to install the system and enable your account. You can also sign up directly on the SALTO Keys as a Service website.
Access to the coworking space, i.e. Check-In, is managed by Time Passes on Nexudus Spaces. These are the elements that you need to link on your SALTO Keys as a Service account to grant the access rights that you want depending on the coworkers in your space. On SALTO Keys as a Service, you can use different Groups to manage the different types of Time Passes or Resources that you've configured on your Nexudus Spaces account and link them later.
Your Nexudus Spaces account has some Time Passes configured by default. For example, you have a 24-hour Time Pass, a Morning Pass or an Afternoon Pass, which can be sold to coworkers separately or via a Product or Price Plan. In such cases, if you want to link these elements, you have to create three groups in your SALTO Keys as a Service account: Members with 24/7 access, Members with morning access and Members with afternoon access. Then, when a member accesses the coworking space using SALTO Keys as a Service, it will check that they have a valid Time Pass that grants them access.
Once you've got an active account for both platforms, you'll need to configure some settings on each of the accounts. Below, we'll look at the necessary elements for each of them:
Setting up your SALTO Keys as a Service account
On your SALTO Keys as a Service account, you'll have to set up the Groups, which set the access rights for a certain group of users. Once added, you can link them to the Time Passes or Resources that are set up on your Nexudus Spaces account.
1.- Creating a Group/s on your SALTO Keys as a Service account
- Groups: On your SALTO Keys as a Service account, you can set up as many groups as you need to integrate with Nexudus Spaces, indicating the access rights that you want to grant the coworkers linked to each group. If you want to add a group in SALTO Keys as a Service, you must complete the steps below. Remember, you will need a group for each type or level of access. Normally, you will need a group configured for each of your private offices/rooms, for each of the meeting rooms you rent as well a general group for those members with access only to the common areas.
You will later link each office in your floor plans, each meeting room and each time pass to one of these groups
- Log in to your SALTO Keys as a Service account at https://home.saltoks.com/app/dashboard/
- Click on the Access tab
- Click on "Add Access Group"
- In this example we wil call this group "General Access" and will add the "Main Entrace" door to it. You will need to select one user at least to be able to save the group.
- You should repeat this process and add as many groups as needed. Normally, you will need a group configured for each of your private offices/rooms, for each of the meeting rooms you rent as well a general group for those members with access only to the common areas.
Setting up your Nexudus Spaces account
As we've already mentioned, access rights are managed via Time Passes on Nexudus Spaces. Once the integration is complete, you can choose to link them to the Groups that you've added to your SALTO Keys as a Service account.
Time Passes can be sold directly to members or included in Price Plans or Products that you add to your account. By default, your Nexudus Spaces account is set up with a series of Time Passes that you can see on the dashboard via Billing > Time Passes.
- Go to the Time Passes section on the Nexudus Spaces Knowledge Base if you would like more information about assigning Time Passes to members or contacts.
- Go to Price Plans for more information on including Time Passes in the Price Plans you've set up.
- You can find out more information about including Time Passes in Products set up on your account in the Products section on the Knowledge Base.
As we've already mentioned, the SALTO Keys as a Service integration works with Time Passes, meaning that the coworkers that are going to access the space with SALTO Keys as a Service must have valid Time Passes on their Nexudus Spaces account.
Connecting Nexudus Spaces with SALTO Keys as a Service
Once you've set up the Time Passes and included them in the Price Plans or Products that you need, you must link your Nexudus Spaces account to SALTO Keys as a Service. To do so, go to Space Settings > Integrations.
Look for the SALTO Keys as a Service section and activate Enable, Save, to continue, click on the Configure SALTO button.
The app will ask you to log in with your SALTO Keys as a Service credentials.
Linking a Nexudus Spaces Time Pass to a SALTO Keys as a Service Group
On the next screen, you can link the Time Passes, Floor Plan Items (Desks and Offices), Resources set up on your Nexudus Spaces account to the groups that you've added on SALTO Keys as a Service. As you can see in the image, we've linked the Mornings Time Pass to the Members with morning access and Members with 24/7 access to the one it corresponds with on SALTO Keys as a Service. Click on the Save button to complete the process.
In this example, you can see we selected a "CheckIn" action for the "Main Entrance" reader so members opening that door are checked in auomatically. You can also see that we chose to add everyone with a pass "All Day pass" to the SALTO group "Main Entrance". This means that anyone with that pass wil automatically be added to that group and therefore be granted access to any locks you have placed within that group.
You can do the exact same thing for each of the items in your Floor Plans as well as for each of your resources.
When linking an item from your floor plan to a salto access group, anyone with an active contract linked to that floor plan item will be added to this group. This works across teams too, which means that by linking the paying member's contract to an item in the floor plan, you will be granting access to the SALTO group linked to that floor plan item to everyone who is in that team.