This option will present users with a splash page. It relies on your WiFi network to be open or to use a shared WiFi password. When users connect to it and open their browser, they will presented with a login screen where to type their email and pincode to connect to your network. You can also configure this appliance to use Enterprise Authentication using the instructions in the next section below.
Provide the public IP of your UniFi controller. The RADIUS servers need to be able to directly connect to your Controller (SW, Cloud Key) to authorise connecting devices. Controller URL is usually in format like this https://your_public_static_ip:8443. Make sure it is the PUBLIC IP address and it's reachable through the Internet (not internal address like 192.168.*.*, 172.16.*.*, or 10.*.*.*). You might need to configure port forwarding on your Internet router and firewall. If you are not sure, please consult with your ISP provider. This article may help you doing this. The source IPs connecting top your controllers are 188.8.131.52, or 184.108.40.206, or 220.127.116.11.
- Sign in to your UniFi Controller
- In Wireless network settings change the Security to Open and enable Guest Services
- Navigate to Guest services settings
- Select External Captive Portal
- Enter 18.104.22.168 in the IP address input field
- Check the redirect using hostname checkbox and enter the Splash pageURL here. You should have been provided the URL by the Nexudus team when they provided you with a license.
This page looks by default like this:
- Add 22.214.171.124/32 to the Pre-Authorization Access list
- Apply settings and try with your phone or computer