- Once you have the license, paste it in Space Settings > Integrations > Radius
- Save the settings and then click on "Manage Radius Servers".
- Click on "Add Radius Server" and give it a meaningful name and a description. Choose the correct appliance vendor
- Once the server is created you can access its details to get the IP addresses, port numbers and secrets to used in the configuration of the appliance below.
|Each license comes with two geographically redundant servers for RADIUS Authentication and RADIUS Accounting. We will create these as close as possible to your physical location based on the data-centers we have available.|
This option will present users with a splash page. It relies on your WiFi network to be open or to use a shared WiFi password. When users connect to it and open their browser, they will presented with a login screen where to type their email and pincode to connect to your network.
- Sign-in to the Aruba Administration console usually available at https://instant.arubanetworks.com:4343.
- Navigate to Network -> Edit and open configuration settings of a network that should be protected with a Captive Portal with RADIUS authentication - aruba qa in our example.
- Configure Client IP & VLAN Assignment. In our example, we keep the default settings.
Navigate to the Security tab and configure Security Level:
Splash page type: External
Captive portal profile: qa in our example
Auth server 1: qa in our example
Accounting: Use authentication servers
Encryption: DisabledProvide us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the public IP of your UniFi controller. The RADIUS servers need to be able to directly connect to your Controller (SW, Cloud Key) to authorise connecting devices. Controller URL is usually in format like this https://your_public_static_ip:8443. Make sure it is the PUBLIC IP address and it's reachable through the Internet (not internal address like 192.168.*.*, 172.16.*.*, or 10.*.*.*). You might need to configure port forwarding on your Internet router and firewall. If you are not sure, please consult with your ISP provider.
Click on the Edit button next to the Captive portal profile and enter values from the IronWifi console:
Type: Radius Authentication
IP or hostname: http://XYZ.spaces.nexudus.com/ (XYZ is the subdomain of your account as found in System > Spaces > your space name > Web Address.)
Use https: Enabled
Captive Portal failure: Deny internet
Automatic URL Whitelisting: Enabled
Redirect URL: empty
Click on the Walled garden link and enter values from the RADIUS server.
White list: all IP addresses and host-names from the IronWifi consolebelow, including http://XYZ.spaces.nexudus.com/